Yoko Co is looking for an Account Manager to join the team, to collaborate closely with clients and team members, and to keep projects on track and running smoothly while making the engagement a positive experience for all involved.
In this role, you’ll work closely with clients who make a positive impact on the world, and you’ll do work that you enjoy, challenges you to grow, and, ultimately, makes you proud.
This position isn’t for everyone. In fact, it’s not for most people. It requires a high level of organization, a GSD attitude, and a positive upbeat demeanor, a combination that we rarely find in one person.
Here are some skills you’ll need for this position:
- You need to understand the principles of marketing that gets results. This includes understanding the buyer’s journey, conversion orientation, calls to action, landing pages, autoresponders, drip email campaigns, squeeze pages, redemption pages, and more.
- You need experience with content marketing, search engine optimization, conversion rate optimization, marketing automation, and the slew of related and affiliated elements that affect these practices. (Experience with platforms like Hubspot, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, etc. is great.)
- You should be well-versed in traditional marketing communications skills, including, but not limited to, copywriting, blogging, public relations, basic graphic design, and best practices for the web.
- You should have an understanding of technology as it pertains to website design and development and related fields like marketing automation, social media marketing, search engine marketing, media, and how to use a CMS (WordPress preferred).
If you think you’ve got what it takes, read on.
As an ideal candidate, you should:
- Have experience working in a similar position at an agency or similar firm. Alternatively, we’ll also consider those with experience working as a freelancer or an entrepreneur in the same field.
- Be comfortable working directly with clients, managing expectations, and explaining complex issues at whatever level of technical understanding they may have and championing their mission and passion for our team.
- Be able to manage and maintain client relationships, coordinating with the team to ensure efforts are aligned with their objectives, and that calls and meetings are an upbeat and positive experience.
- Be an avid learner. You should be excited to share knowledge by educating and receiving education from others, both team members and clients.
- Be comfortable wearing many hats, and changing them quickly.
- Be well-spoken and be able to lead a room, call, or conversation.
- Be self-motivated and take initiative. If you’re the kind of person who waits for someone to tell you what to do, this isn’t your kind of place.
In this role, you’ll be encouraged to contribute to and shape a company as it grows in a way you’d never have the opportunity to within a larger firm.
Well, dang, we’re impressed… In exchange for these skills you’ll be rewarded with a very flexible work schedule, medical benefits, the option to telecommute as you’d like, great pay, unlimited leave, as well as participation in our annual shutdown (two, sometimes more, weeks off at the end of the year) and most federal holidays. Perhaps more importantly you’ll find yourself immersed in work that actually matters.
Are you planning to apply? Amazeballs! In your email, why don’t you also tell us something good that happened to you today (or this week). We love all the good feels.
P.S. – It’s worth mentioning that if you join us, you’ll participate in our pursuit to positively impact the lives of 100,000,000 people by the end of 2020. It’s no small task, but we’re already at over 75,000,000 and with someone like you on the team? Our odds just got better.