Lead with purpose, for a purpose.
At Yoko Co, we know that life is short, which is why we exclusively serve clients who are working to make a positive impact. From rescuing pets, to saving lives, to building communities for brilliant minds, the work you do here will help make the world a better place.
Our team is made up of people who are passionate about the work they do, the missions of the clients they serve, and, importantly, their craft. We also care about each other — we don’t think of one another as coworkers or employees, but as fellow humans. From project managers to strategists, developers to designers, we bring out the best in each other.
If you work here you’ll:
- Step into a leadership role with our account team, getting to know clients, and supporting their missions — both through your work, and through the team members you lead and support.
- Support and mentor team members through both short term issues (e.g. a complex client issue), and long term desires (e.g. their ongoing growth and development for their career and role within the team).
- Help our account and production teams collaborate throughout complex projects, to ensure engagements remain on track, and stay aligned with the appropriate metrics for success.
- Collaborate with our production team to create key strategic deliverables for clients, ensure that what we help them build is well-aligned with their objectives.
- Sometimes, team up with the Client Relationships (sales) team to help define scope, timing, and level of effort for upcoming engagements.
- Serve as an example of our culture and values.
You’ll do well in this position if you:
- Have 6 or more years of experience in digital marketing and website design and development. (Bonus points if you’re familiar with WordPress.)
- Have at least 2 years of management or leadership experience.
- Have experience working as an account manager, project manager, or have otherwise helped keep relationships healthy and projects running smoothly.
- Have excellent organizational, planning, and troubleshooting skills.
- Naturally find yourself taking initiative to solve problems, and make things better.
- Operate comfortably at a fast pace with multiple projects, helping teams react to fluid situations.
- Are an excellent communicator across all mediums: In person, video, or in writing.
- Can meet people at their level of strategic or technical experience and naturally educate them.
However, maybe don’t apply if:
- You prefer to work on a single big project at a time. While we understand the allure, we enjoy working on multiple projects at a time and find that our ability to “make 1,000 pots” ends up making all of our projects better.
- You’ve ever said “that’s not my job” or “that’s below my pay grade.” While we try to utilize everyone in the best way we possibly can, sometimes it’s more important to roll up your sleeves and prove you’re a part of a team.
- You’d rather wait for someone to tell you what to do.
The interview process:
You’ll do 3-4 interviews with various members of our team, starting with a short culture interview, and then moving onto more specialized conversations. Somewhere in the middle of the process, you’ll likely do a short practical assessment to ensure you can deliver at the level it takes to be successful here.
If you work here:
You’ll get a competitive salary, unlimited time off, a flexible schedule, the ability to work wherever you want, a personal development budget, federal holidays and multiple weeks off at the end of the year to recharge. We also provide profit sharing to everyone on the team. If you’re in the US, we offer health insurance, disability and life insurance, and 401k matching.
A little more about us:
We’ve been in business for over a decade, our whole team is remote, we were named a 2020 Best Place to Work by the Inc. 5000 and the Washington Business Journal, and you can poke around our website to learn more.
How to apply:
If you’re interested, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “People Helping People” — While you’re at it, we’d love to learn a bit more about you, so share a link to your LinkedIn profile or, even better, record a video introduction.
We take applicants from all over the world. However, you must be willing to work a schedule that has a reasonable overlap with normal US business hours.