Do you have the ability to create beautiful, user-friendly designs using only the power of your mind1? Would you like to use your creativity to save baby animals, fight wildfires, and contribute to social justice2? If yes3, you have clicked on the right job posting.
A Bit About Us
We’re a digital marketing agency that works exclusively with organizations who have a purpose beyond profit. We use the web to make the world a better place.
We’re a tight-knit team, and everyone works remotely. Our team is spread across the United States, in Europe, South America, and Asia. We value an ownership mentality, we’ve got each other’s backs, and we pride ourselves on our company culture. We don’t micromanage, and we’re always looking for ways to do things better.
But enough about us, let’s talk about you!
Your New Job
You’ll work with other designers, developers, project managers, strategists, copywriters, and whoever else we can find, gathering their insight, feedback and knowledge, to create things that look spectacular, inspire users, and drive action. Often, you’ll be doing wireframes, moodboards or mockups for websites or web apps, but logo design, branding, icons, annual reports, and anything else that needs to look good are fair game, too. In other words, you need to have an excellent eye for web layouts, but also be versatile enough to handle anything else that comes up.
Typically, you’ll be working on multiple projects at once, so you’ll need to be able to switch gears quickly, juggle multiple deadlines, and be accountable for your own work. Since we’re a small team, sometimes you may need to do some a bit of light front-end dev, too.
What It’ll Take
This list doesn’t cover every trait or skill you’ll need to succeed, so we encourage you to use your aforementioned mind powers to fill in the blanks.
- An excellent eye and instinct for design
- A portfolio that shows a proven track record of design work that looks good and sparks action
- A strong understanding of design and usability best practices
- Experience with UI/UX design, logo/identity design, and graphic design
- Strong ability with layout design tools like Figma, Sketch, or XD, as well as Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- The ability to move fast, and consistently tap into your creativity under pressure and tight deadlines
- Experience creating wireframes, moodboards, and design concepts
- Experience working with WordPress, particularly with visual page builders like Beaver Builder or Elementor
- Bonus: Experience presenting design concepts to clients, and providing feedback, guidance and leadership to other designers and team members
- More Bonus: Video editing and animation experience
This is not an entry level position. Ideally, you’ll have spent time working at an agency, or running your own freelance business. In terms of years of experience, we’re looking for more than 5, but less than 500.
A Few More Reasons You Might Want to Work With Us
A flexible work schedule. Unlimited vacation. Competitive pay. Participation in our annual shutdown (two weeks off, sometimes more, at the end of the year). Also, we celebrate major holidays by not working. Most importantly, you’ll be working on projects that really matter.
We welcome applicants from around the world, but you have to be willing to work hours that have some overlap with normal business hours in at least one of the US time zones.
Please include a link to your portfolio with your application.
1 And eyes, hands, and design software.
2 And help connect cancer patients with treatment, send kids to college, make knowledge more accessible, collect blood donations, provide life-changing dental work, feed the hungry, and lots and lots of other good stuff.
3 If no, we told you to get out of here, Kenneth.