We’re searching for a forward-thinking developer to join our team.
By helping build, maintain, and extend web-based projects, you’ll be writing code that will help our clients make a positive impact on the world. In this role:
- You’ll be writing and pushing code pretty much every day, sometimes with other developers, sometimes flying solo.
- You’ll help us refine our WordPress/tech stack, moving us towards a leaner, faster, more modern approach.
- You’ll work on multiple projects at once: big ones, small ones, and weird ones, building new things, and extending existing web properties.
- You’ll collaborate closely with our strategic and creative teams to help architect custom solutions and workflows, balancing idealism and pragmatism.
Technical Skills & Professional Traits
- 3+ years of PHP and a solid understanding of OOP (work with frameworks like Laravel is a plus)
- A solid understanding of JS and experience working with frameworks like React
- Excellent responsive HTML & CSS skills, including Sass
- 3+ years of technical experience with WordPress and the LAMP stack, including working with custom fields/post types, interacting with the REST API, poking around the database, and trying not to karate chop your monitor when you discover your client is running four page-builder plugins at once
- An understanding of UI/UX best practices
- Experience with Git
- Experience with (or an understanding of) continuous integration, and performing constructive code reviews
- The attention to detail needed to accurately build responsive interfaces based on design references
- A talent for troubleshooting and rooting out strange problems
- A love for WordPress and using it to do unexpected things, but also the awareness to know when it’s not the right tool for the job
We’ll be the first to admit, this isn’t the place for everyone. You’ll have a lot of autonomy, the expectations are high, the work is fast-paced, and the hats are many. We’re looking for people who take ownership, see the big picture, and are always thinking about how we can do even better the next time.
Founded in 2009, we’re a digital agency that works exclusively with clients who are trying to make the world a better place. Everyone is remote, and we have people all around the world. Company culture is a priority for us, and we’ve been named one of the best places to work by the Washington Business Journal.
In exchange for your skills, we’ll provide a flexible work schedule, medical benefits, a competitive salary, 401k matching (US only), and participation in our annual shutdown. We also take off most federal holidays, plus a bunch of other days, too.
To apply, email [email protected] and use the subject line “I have the code” so we know that you’re paying attention. Make sure to include your resume, share a link to your work, and tell us why you think you’d be a great fit.
Note: We accept international applicants, but you have to be willing to work a reasonable overlap with standard US business hours.