Want to use your incredible design powers for good? You’re in the right place.
At Yoko Co, we believe that life is short, and if we’re gonna spend a significant chunk of that time working, it should be for a good purpose. That’s why we exclusively serve clients who are working to make a positive impact.
The pixels you push here won’t just go to make some rich dude or dudette richer — you’ll help change the world, get pets adopted, protect our planet, connect people with life-changing medical care, and build brilliant communities. (And a whole lot more.)
The members of our team are passionate about the work they do, the clients they serve, and, importantly, their craft. From designers to strategists, project managers to developers, we aim to make each other better everyday.
If you work here, you’ll:
- Design websites, interfaces, landing pages, web apps, and whatever else comes up. If it’s something people look at on a screen, it’s fair game.
- Contribute to UX research and strategy, helping to create discovery deliverables and shape our design approach.
- Team up with designers, developers, producers, and strategists, though sometimes you’ll fly solo.
- Be involved at critical points throughout the full process, from wireframes to lockups, from the first kickoff meeting, to the final QA.
- Help refine our production process and make us a better team.
- Work on meaningful, impactful projects.
You’ll do well in this job if you:
- Have a great eye for detail, style, and a deep knowledge of UI/UX best practices.
- Have created wireframes, moodboards, design concepts, and prototypes, based on specs and strategy documents.
- Can give and receive meaningful feedback, and you don’t take it personally when something doesn’t work out.
- Have helped create (or have a strong understanding of) UX deliverables like Personas, User Flows, Information Architectures, and Sitemaps.
- Are flexible, and understand that sometimes you’ll have to wear an unexpected hat or two when things don’t go as planned.
- Hold yourself accountable, and deliver on your commitments.
- Have at least a decent understanding of basic development principles, like grids, the box model, general HTML & CSS, and working with WordPress. (The more the better, of course.)
- By the way: If you lean more towards either the UI or UX side of things, we still encourage you to reach out.
However, maybe don’t apply if:
- You prefer to work on a single big project at a time. We all have to do a bit of juggling around here, and while we wish we could pour ourselves into just one thing for weeks at a time to make it perfect, that’s often not the reality.
- You’ve ever said “that’s not my job” or “that’s below my pay grade.” While we try to utilize everyone in the best way we possibly can, sometimes things can get dicey and we have to pitch in to help reach the finish line.
The interview process:
You’ll do 3-4 interviews with various members of our team, starting with a short culture interview, and then moving onto more specialized conversations. Somewhere in the middle of the process, you’ll likely do a short practical test to ensure you can deliver at the level it takes to be successful here.
If you work here:
You’ll get a competitive salary, unlimited time off, a flexible schedule, the ability to work wherever you want, a personal development budget, federal holidays and multiple weeks off at the end of the year to recharge. If you’re in the US, we also offer health insurance, disability and life insurance, and 401k matching.
A little more about us:
We’ve been in business for over a decade, our whole team is remote, we were named a 2020 and 2021 Best Place to Work by the Inc. 5000 and the Washington Business Journal, and you can poke around our website to learn more.