Business Development Manager
Yoko Co is looking for someone to fill a role that goes by many names: Account Executive, Relationship Manager, Salesperson. We call it a Business Development Manager. The primary focus for the person in this position is to reach out to incredible organizations who aim to have a positive impact in the world.
Simply put, your job is to find organizations making a positive difference in the world, help us meet them, solve their problems, and, ultimately, amplify their positive impact. This will be an ideal opportunity for someone who is energized by finding and meeting new people, developing relationships, and doing work that really matters.
You can do this from wherever you want and whenever you want - we're incredibly flexible. Our focus is on the end impact, so long as you're pulling your weight, you'll be a welcome addition to the team.
As an ideal candidate, you should:
- Be comfortable working on your own to source new opportunities to meet and work with incredible organizations in need of web presence support.
- Create and lead outreach efforts to connect, reconnect, and nurture existing leads. Other people on the team will be able to help you with this.
- Be self-motivated and take initiative. If you're the kind of person who waits for someone to tell you what to do, this isn't your kind of place.
- Have prior sales experience (of any kind). Being comfortable taking the initiative and being OK with hearing "no" are critical skills.
- Have a "can-do attitude" and be willing to jump in and try new things.
- Be an avid learner. Half the fun of this job is learning what goes on behind the scenes in new client industries and keeping up with a constantly shifting market and our own quick paced rapidly evolving industry.
- Be passionate about your work. As an agency, we know the impact we have on the world is through the way we amplify our clients' impact. For that reason we work only with people, clients and employees, with whom we're well-aligned.
Ready for the next step?
Awesome! In exchange for your skills, you'll be rewarded with a very flexible work schedule, a 401k, the option to telecommute as you'd like, great pay and commission, unlimited leave, possible medical benefits, as well as participation in our annual shutdown (two, sometimes more, weeks off at the end of the year) and most federal holidays. Most importantly, you'll find yourself immersed in work that actually matters.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. A lot of people are applying for this position and if we work together, you'll be reaching out to people who get tons of email every day. Use "Stand Out from the Crowd" in the subject line of your email and show us how you'd do just that.