Business Development Manager
Yoko Co is looking for a Business Development Manager - Someone who is energized by finding and meeting new people, developing relationships, and liaising between our team and prospective clients to provide solutions to some of their most important problems via their web presence strategy (mostly website design and ongoing marketing and consulting efforts) that delivers tangible results.
In this role, you will find and begin relationships with a myriad of organizations who actually make a difference in the world, and it's our goal for you to have work that you thoroughly enjoy (most of the time), that challenges you to grow (much of the time), and which ultimately makes you proud (all of the time).
We'll be frank, there aren't many people who will be a good match for this role. Most people in "sales" roles are motivated primarily by money and anything else is a distant consideration. We get it, everyone needs to make a living. But if you're only in it for the greenbacks then we'll stop you here. On average we turn away 2/3s of the leads that reach out to us because their mission isn't aligned with the impact we want to have on the world.
We've also learned that if you're only in it to be a social butterfly and meet other like-minded people and organizations who want to affect positive change on the world, that you tend not to be comfortable having the sometimes uncomfortable conversations required to establish successful relationships.
For the right person though...
Well, this will be amazing.
Your entire gig is to find organizations making a positive difference in the world, and help us meet them, solve their problems, and ultimately help them have an even bigger positive impact on the world.
If that sounds like you, we invite you to read on...
As an ideal candidate, you should:
- Be comfortable working on your own to source or find new opportunities to meet and work with incredible organizations in need of support regarding their web presence.
- Create and lead outreach strategies to connect, reconnect, and nurture existing leads. Other team members will be able to assist with this effort with your leadership.
- Be knowledgeable and current on the state of technology and capabilities as it pertains to website design, development, integration, as well as a comfortable level of knowledge with marketing automation, social media marketing, search engine marketing, and media.
- Be able to execute a preliminary needs analysis with prospective clientele (we have tools and systems to support you, but you should be able to do this on your own as well) and identify key issues, their impact, the clients desired results and the value our engagement can have for them.
- Work with other experts on our team to help determine the appropriate strategy and scope of effort to deliver these results and draft a proposal and pricing based on this input.
- Understand the principles of marketing that gets results. This includes understanding the buyers journey, conversion orientation, calls to action, landing pages, autoresponders, drip email campaigns, squeeze pages, redemption pages and more.
- Understand content marketing, search engine optimization, conversion rate optimization, marketing automation, and the slew of related and affiliated elements that affect these practices. (Experience with platforms like WordPress, Hubspot, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, etc. is great.)
- Ideally have experience working in a similar position in an ad agency or web design firm. Alternatively, have experience serving in a similar capacity virtually or on your own as an entrepreneur or contractor.
- Be self-motivated and take initiative. If you're the kind of person who waits for someone to tell you what to do, this isn't your kind of place.
- Be a problem solver, both collaboratively and on your own.
- Be well-spoken and be able to take command of a room, call, or conversation.
- Be able to quote "Fight Club", "Jurassic Park", or "Office Space" at the drop of a hat. (Open to suggestions for suitable alternatives.)
- Have a "can-do attitude" and be willing to jump in and try something new to expand your skills and contribute to our greater good.
- Be willing to give and receive feedback responsibly, have the perspective to evaluate it, and the flexibility to make adjustments.
- Be an avid learner. Half the fun of this job is learning what goes on behind the scenes in new client industries and keeping up with a constantly shifting market and our own quick paced rapidly evolving industry. You should be excited to share knowledge by educating and receiving education from others both team members and clients.
- Be passionate about your work. As an agency we know the impact we have on the world is through the way we amplify our clients' impact. For that reason we work only with people with whom we're well aligned. That goes for clients and employees.
Wow! We're impressed. We're expecting that HotJar will show us that you're probably like the only person to scroll down this far. And if you get that, well, this is indeed the role for you. In exchange for these skills you'll be rewarded with a very flexible work schedule, medical benefits, the option to telecommute as you'd like, great pay, unlimited leave, as well as participation in our annual shutdown (two, sometimes more, weeks off at the end of the year) and most federal holidays. Perhaps more importantly you'll find yourself immersed in work that actually matters.
P.S. - It's worth mentioning that if you join us, you'll participate in our pursuit to positively impact the lives of 100,000,000 people by the end of 2020. It's no small task, but we're already at over 36,000,000 and with someone like you on the team? Our odds just got better.
To apply, please email email@example.com. Use the subject line "The Great Breakfast Debate" and in your email share your breakfast preference; pancakes, waffles, or french toast?
Not Quite Your Thing?
That's ok too - if you'd still like to consider helping us build a better world and be compensated for the effort, you might be interested in checking out our Business Development Associate position.