Location: Remote/Telecommute. International applicants welcome.
Alright, here's the deal. We're looking to hire someone to primarily do two things: (1) Design totally badass stuff and (2) help to build it.
Often, the aforementioned badass stuff will be in the form of WordPress-based websites. So, it's critical that you're familiar with WordPress and feel pretty comfortable bending it to your will. Experience using popular page builders, like Beaver Builder, Visual Composer and Divi, is a big plus. Beaver Builder especially.
You don't need to be a hardcore developer to do this job (we've got some of those on staff, we intravenously pump them full of caffeine and try to avoid making direct eye contact). However, for you, a working knowledge of HTML and CSS will be fairly important.
Right about now feels like a good time to make a list.
In this job, you will:
- Design websites, layouts, app interfaces and more. They will look terrific.
- Help to build/code/assemble these things.
- Use WordPress, a lot.
- Collaborate closely with your team members, including other designers, developers and project managers.
And you’ll need:
- Killer design skills.
- A fundamental understanding of UX/UI principles
- Strong ability with Adobe software, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Also, we use Figma a lot.
- Functional knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with WordPress page builders, particularly Beaver Builder.
- An enchanted fedora that allows the wearer to see into the future.
We know what you're thinking. "Hey, this sounds exactly like the type of stuff I love to do! In fact, I love it so much, I'd do it for free!" Well, guess what: If you work here, you won't have to.
That's right, we pay our employees.
Your mind = blown.
In exchange for your services, you'll be rewarded with a flexible work schedule, competitive pay, unlimited leave, as well as participation in our annual shutdown (often two weeks off, sometimes more, at the end of the year). Plus, we celebrate most federal holidays by not working.
We welcome applicants from around the world, but please, no outsourcing companies or staffing agencies.
To get started, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line “Where do I sign?” If you don't use that subject line, you won't get the job. Be sure to include a link to your portfolio.