A sales position with soul.
At Yoko Co, we know that life is short, which is why we exclusively serve clients who are working to make a positive impact. From rescuing pets, to saving lives, to building communities for brilliant minds, the work you do here will help make the world a better place.
Our team is made up of people who are passionate about the work they do, the missions of the clients they serve, and, importantly, their craft. We also care about each other — we don’t think of one another as coworkers or employees, but as fellow humans. From project managers to strategists, developers to designers, we bring out the best in each other.
If you work here, you’ll:
- Regularly perform outreach and networking across a mix of media to build relationships with people in inspiring and exciting organizations to help them maximize their positive impact in the world.
- Lead the sales process for our accounts and prospects, from initial conversations to proposals, presentations, demonstrations, and contracting.
- Be the first line of screening to ensure optimal fit and alignment between our team and potential clients.
- Occasionally help support other team member sales conversations or initiatives and paperwork for new and existing clients.
- Serve as an example of our culture and values.
You’ll do well in this position if you:
- Have 3 or more years of experience in selling digital marketing and website design and development. (Bonus points if you’re familiar with WordPress.)
- Have the ability to lead a room consisting of anyone from senior executives to entry level employees and help understand their needs (declared and revealed) and position our team appropriately.
- Have a personality that is energized by interaction with others.
- Naturally find yourself taking initiative to solve problems, and make things better.
- Operate comfortably at a fast pace with multiple projects, helping teams react to fluid situations.
- Are an excellent communicator across all mediums: In person, video, or in writing.
- Can meet people at their level of strategic or technical experience and naturally educate them.
However, maybe don’t apply if:
- You prefer opportunities to come to you. Sure, some of that will happen, but as the saying goes fortune helps those who help themselves. Regular outreach and networking are a non-negotiable part of this position.
- You’ve ever said “that’s not my job” or “that’s below my pay grade.” While we try to utilize everyone in the best way we possibly can, sometimes it’s more important to roll up your sleeves and prove you’re a part of a team.
- You’d rather wait for someone to tell you what to do.
The interview process:
You’ll do 3-4 interviews with various members of our team, starting with a short culture interview, and then moving onto more specialized conversations. Somewhere in the middle of the process, you’ll likely do a short practical assessment to ensure you can deliver at the level it takes to be successful here.
If you work here:
You’ll get a competitive salary, unlimited time off, a flexible schedule, the ability to work wherever you want, a personal development budget, federal holidays, and multiple weeks off at the end of the year to recharge. We also provide profit sharing to everyone on the team. If you’re in the US, we offer health insurance, disability and life insurance, and 401k matching.
A little more about us:
We’ve been in business for over a decade, our whole team is remote, we were named a 2020 and 2021 Best Place to Work by the Inc. 5000 and the Washington Business Journal, and you can poke around our website to learn more.
If you’re interested, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Sales with Soul” — While you’re at it, we’d love to learn a bit more about you, so share a link to your personal website, LinkedIn profile or, if you’d like to skip to the front of the interview line, record a video introduction.
We take applicants from all over the world. However, you must be willing to work a schedule that has a reasonable overlap with normal US business hours.