Good is… Inclusive.
At Yoko Co, our aim is to “Do good. Better.” Good, as we describe it, is inclusive. If we’re going to help make this world a better place to be, we believe it needs to be for all people, by all people.
Whether it’s our team members, our clients, or those they help, we’re committed to fostering an environment where all individuals are valued, respected, and included. We take great care to be mindful of all aspects of identity, and aim to ensure everyone has the opportunity to thrive, regardless of their race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, ability, or anything else that makes them who they are.
Good is… Diverse.
Aristotle said, “The whole being more than the sum of its parts.” We agree.
We believe having a diverse team makes us stronger. It provides us access to a wide range of perspectives, experiences, heuristics, and skills that enable us to discover or invent more optimal solutions for our clients. Uniting our differences for a common goal has a multiplier effect, and enables us to achieve a greater impact.
Good is… Equitable.
We believe that it’s not enough to simply “go with the flow” when it comes to systemic issues of the past. We understand that we have an obligation to take action, and that we must work to right past wrongs in the pursuit of creating a better society. Here are a few ways we aim to do this:
- We’ve removed artificial barriers to entry for positions on our team:
- None of our positions require a college degree.
- Nearly all of our positions support remote work.
- Any of our positions can be flexed to support full or part-time workers.
- We structure our work style, presentations, and meetings to enable, and encourage, all to participate.
- Our flexible schedule and time off policies enable our team to work hard while being free to manage their lives.
- Finally, we treat people like people. Wild, right? But we gave it a try, and so far it seems to be working.
Good is… Evolving.
The world is ever-changing, and we’ll change with it. We aim to constantly grow and improve in all dimensions. If you have concerns, suggestions, or feedback about how we can further our efforts to be diverse, equitable, and inclusive, please let us know by contacting us.