We’re searching for a driven and organized project manager who prides themselves on delivering an exceptional client experience.
More on that in a moment, but first:
Life is short.
We believe that if we’re going to spend a decent chunk of our time working, it should be for a good purpose. That’s why we exclusively serve clients who make a positive impact on the world.
At Yoko Co the hours you spend moving things forward won’t just make some rich dude or dudette richer: You’ll be connecting people with life-saving medical care, get adorable pets adopted into forever homes, find a way for kids to afford college, build bridges between brilliant minds, protect our environment, and so much more.
At the end of each day, we want you to feel like you’ve made a difference — like you’ve made things a little bit better.
(Cue inspirational music / wipe away single tear)
Ok, so about this position:
On our team:
- You own the projects. You’re ultimately responsible for their success. That means balancing your project team and resources, to stay on time, on budget, on spec, and on vision (all while delivering an exceptional client experience).
- In pursuit of this success, we’ll make sure you have the tools and support to make that happen.
- Most of the engagements you work on will be related to websites in some way — whether that’s building something new, or making something better.
- You’ll be scheduling, planning, coordinating, connecting, and doing, as you collaborate with our strategists, designers, copywriters, developers, and others.
- Sometimes, you’ll need to lead a room or take charge of a situation. You should feel comfortable doing so, in a positive way.
You must understand the full life cycle of a digital/website project. You don’t need to be an expert in all facets of the work, but you do need a high-level of how all of the pieces fit together.
If you work here, you’ll:
- Serve as the primary contact with clients consulting on end-to-end web design projects and ongoing retainers.
- Ensure the overall success of the client’s web projects. Must be able to own the vision for a project and know what it takes to align deliverables with that vision.
- Manage internal resources and deliverables in collaboration with agency departments.
- Manage project timeline including timely delivery of the project and associated deliverables.
- Plan project phases and client billing.
- Manage administrative aspects of each client project from paperwork and invoicing to managing records in a CRM (Hubspot), PM platform, Wiki, etc.
- Develop and grow ongoing relationships with clients, colleagues, and contractors with a focus on the human-to-human experience being a delightful one.
You’ll do well in this job if you have:
- Minimum 3 years of continuous industry experience in web design (or comparable) project management, with proven experience in web project conception from inception to launch.
- Proficiency in all MS Office/G Suite applications, basic HTML syntax, writing and editing, and general knowledge of business, marketing, and technology fields.
- Proficiency with project management software and techniques. Understanding of key project management tenets including project charters and waterfall vs agile methodologies.
- Familiarity with strategic consulting, development of Information Architectures and wireframes, and development of Functional Requirements for technical projects.
- Familiarity with managing CMS implementation projects and working knowledge of content management systems. Experience with WordPress, Drupal, or other CMS products is a plus.
- This role is comparable to a project manager, you need to be able to manage complex web engagements with grace under pressure and occasionally cook up solutions on the fly.
- Have a genuine interest in staying on top of industry trends and best practices and be “game” for taking on new challenges and learning new technologies.
However, maybe don’t apply if:
- You prefer to work on a single big project at a time. We all have to do a bit of juggling around here, and while we wish we could pour ourselves into just one thing for weeks at a time to make it perfect, that’s often not the reality.
- You’ve ever said “that’s not my job” or “that’s below my pay grade.” While we try to utilize everyone in the best way we possibly can, sometimes things can get dicey and we have to pitch in to help reach the finish line.
Full disclosure: This isn’t the place for everyone. You’ll have a lot of autonomy, but the expectations are high, the work is fast-paced, and the hats are many. We’re looking for people with grit who take ownership, see the big picture, and are always thinking about how we can do even better the next time.
The interview process:
You’ll do 3-4 interviews with various members of our team, starting with a short culture interview, and then moving onto more specialized conversations. Somewhere in the middle of the process, you’ll likely do a short practical test to ensure you can deliver at the level it takes to be successful here.
If you work here:
You’ll get a competitive salary, unlimited time off, a flexible schedule, the ability to work wherever you want, a personal development budget, federal holidays and multiple weeks off at the end of the year to recharge. If you’re in the US, we also offer health insurance, disability and life insurance, and 401k matching.
A little more about us:
We’ve been in business for over a decade, our whole team is remote, we were named a 2020 and 2021 Best Place to Work by the Inc. 5000 and the Washington Business Journal, and you can poke around our website to learn more.
To apply, please email email@example.com. Use the subject line “GSD”, make sure you include your resume, and tell us why you think you’d be a great fit for the position. Also, share something cool that you’ve learned recently. Weird trivia encouraged.