We’re searching for a driven and organized project manager who prides themselves on delivering an exceptional client experience.
More on that in a moment, but first:
Life is short.
We believe that if we’re going to spend a decent chunk of our time working, it should be for a good purpose. That’s why we exclusively serve clients who make a positive impact on the world.
At Yoko Co the hours you spend moving things forward won’t just make some rich dude or dudette richer: You’ll be connecting people with life-saving medical care, get adorable pets adopted into forever homes, find a way for kids to afford college, build bridges between brilliant minds, protect our environment, and so much more.
At the end of each day, we want you to feel like you’ve made a difference — like you’ve made things a little bit better.
(Cue inspirational music / wipe away single tear)
Ok, so about this Producer position:
On our team:
- You own the projects. You’re ultimately responsible for their success. That means balancing your project team and resources, to stay on time, on budget, on spec, and on vision (all while delivering an exceptional client experience).
- In pursuit of this success, we’ll make sure you have the tools and support to make that happen.
- Most of the engagements you work on will be related to websites in some way — whether that’s building something new, or making something better.
- You’ll be scheduling, planning, coordinating, connecting, and doing, as you collaborate with our strategists, designers, copywriters, developers, and others.
- Sometimes, you’ll need to lead a room or take charge of a situation. You should feel comfortable doing so, in a positive way.
You must understand the full life cycle of a digital/website project. You don’t need to be an expert in all facets of the work, but you do need a high-level of how all of the pieces fit together.
- Serve as the primary contact with clients consulting on end-to-end web design projects and ongoing retainers.
- Ensure the overall success of the client’s web projects. Must be able to own the vision for a project and know what it takes to align deliverables with that vision.
- Manage internal resources and deliverables in collaboration with agency departments.
- Manage project timeline including timely delivery of the project and associated deliverables.
- Plan project phases and client billing.
- Manage administrative aspects of each client project from paperwork and invoicing to managing records in a CRM (Hubspot), PM platform, Wiki, etc.
- Develop and grow ongoing relationships with clients, colleagues, and contractors with a focus on the human-to-human experience being a delightful one.
- Minimum 3 years of continuous industry experience in web design (or comparable) project management, with proven experience in web project conception from inception to launch.
- Proficiency in all MS Office/G Suite applications, basic HTML syntax, writing and editing, and general knowledge of business, marketing, and technology fields.
- Proficiency with project management software and techniques. Understanding of key project management tenets including project charters and waterfall vs agile methodologies.
- Familiarity with strategic consulting, development of Information Architectures and wireframes, and development of Functional Requirements for technical projects.
- Familiarity with managing CMS implementation projects and working knowledge of content management systems. Experience with WordPress, Drupal, or other CMS products is a plus.
- This role is comparable to a project manager, you need to be able to manage complex web engagements with grace under pressure and occasionally cook up solutions on the fly.
- Have a genuine interest in staying on top of industry trends and best practices and be “game” for taking on new challenges and learning new technologies.
Full disclosure: This isn’t the place for everyone. You’ll have a lot of autonomy, but the expectations are high, the work is fast-paced, and the hats are many. We’re looking for people who take ownership, see the big picture, and are always thinking about how we can do even better the next time.
We’re a digital agency that works exclusively with clients who are trying to make the world a better place. Everyone here works remotely, and we have people located all around the globe. Fostering an incredible work culture is extremely important to us, and we’ve been named one of the best places to work by the Washington Business Journal.
In exchange for your skills, we’ll provide a flexible work schedule, medical benefits, great pay, participation in our annual shutdown (we close for about two weeks at the end of every year), and we take off most federal holidays, plus a bunch of other days, too. Most importantly, you’ll be immersed in work that makes a positive impact.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line “GSD”, make sure you include your resume, and tell us why you think you’d be a great fit for the position. Also, share something cool that you’ve learned recently. Weird trivia encouraged.