Remote work is lasting longer than many believed possible. Some companies are even transitioning to remote work permanently.
It can be overwhelming to not only keep up with regular business demands but to learn how to get things done when you can no longer visit with colleagues around the conference table. How can you make remote work, work? Can you still have a good company culture? Absolutely! That’s why we brought in Heinan Landa for a chat.
- 5:09 – How do you get people who are not working on-site connected?
- 8:20 – Mistakes we made when getting started
- 10:28 – Tech tools and apps
- 22:21 – How Optimal Networks makes remote work, work for them
- 30:45 – Asana, Slack specifically
- 33:15 – Asynchronous meetings
- 35:50 – Videos on or off? And other Zoom thoughts
- 41:50 – Bots to remind you to take a screen break
- 42:38 – Best practices and tips to takeaway
- 45:00 – Equipment recommendations
More about Heinan Landa
As CEO of Optimal Networks, Heinan Landa has been providing managed IT services—including a premier corporate cloud solution and business-focused strategic IT consulting—to hundreds of clients since 1991.
After earning his BS and MS from Johns Hopkins and an MBA from Wharton, Heinan crafted Optimal’s business plan with a heavy emphasis on corporate culture.
He and the self-professed “Optimalites” use their high spirit to fuel a commitment to unwavering client service and technology guidance.