Drip campaigns are a great way to engage users in your content by continually informing them about your excellent resources.
What are drip campaigns?
Drip marketing is commonly used in social media and in email campaigns. It is a strategic form of communication through the use of a funnel that "drips" information to potential leads over a period of time.
For example, take your content and break it into smaller, easy-to-understand and easy-to-read pieces. From there, you will put the pieces into an email campaign that sends every three or four days.
Content sent can also be automated. You can use marketing automation tools, like HubSpot for example, to set up specific timeframes in which you want pre-written emails to send out.
With sights set on increasing the number of prospects, drip campaigns re-engage with former prospects, while bringing in new ones. Therefore, this direct marketing tactic changes the saying from "out with the old, and in with the new" to "in with the old, and in with the new."
Why choose a drip campaign?
Quality of information increases the quantity of listeners, and drip marketing works on getting your listeners to buy what you're selling.
Drip campaigns play many parts. They ..
- Break through the noise via consistent communication and repeat exposure.
- Familiarize prospects with the details of your product.
- Work as a constant reminder to make your brand unforgettable in prospects' minds.
- Maintain momentum and build long-lasting relationships with prospects.
- Turn prospects into clients and clients into repeat customers.
You might have something incredible to offer, and you want your prospects to hear what you have to say. As aforementioned, we live in a world of noise: the phone rang, the kids walked in, the boss called or sent 20 emails. Drip campaigns cut through the distractions by continually knocking rather than giving all of the information away at once. Repeat messages remind prospects of the value in the content you created and also ensure that your offer will get the attention it deserves.
How do I monitor my drip campaign to ensure that it's working?
A marketing automation platform allows you to stop wondering and start knowing who's listening.
With the marketing automation tools used in your drip campaign, you will be able to ..
- Track the open rate and know who's actually reading the message.
- Track the click through rate (the percentage of subscribers who click a link on the content of your email.)
- Monitor who unsubscribed.
- Track the conversation rate (number of email recipients who purchased your products and/or services.)
- Track the bounce rate (emails that were not successfully delivered.)
- Monitor whether your email is forwarded/shared.
- Track the campaign return on investment
Want to know more about how to use drip campaigns for your business? Click here to contact us.